Tuesday 28 May 2013

day 28 | ALL THE RAGE.

*meditative breath*

So. I just got home from work. And I mean I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK. What time is it? 9:17 PM. What time should I have been home? 7:40 PM. That's an hour ago.

It took me more than an hour to get to the bus terminal when it should have taken me only 30 minutes! For some fucking reason, the roads were really congested, so the jeep I was riding took an alternate route. Bright fucking idea, because everybody else thought the same thing! Now the alternate route took so fucking long, and we had to run into a Flores de Mayo procession. Whoever you are, what a bright fucking idea to hold a Flores de Mayo AT NIGHT on a WEEKDAY, at a BUSY STREET. Gosh darnit. And I almost fell off the jeep because the driver was being an IDIOT and continued to drive even though it was fucking obvious that a bunch of us were getting off the jeep.

Oh, but that's not all! I walked all the way to the bus terminal, and when I finally got on, the bus took the long route home. Like, seriously? You are obviously aware that the traffic situation is mental out there, but you chose to take the long route home?

PLUS, I had to sit next to the most kuuki yomenai person in the history of EVER. I have this anxiety when someone in the bus sits beside me and there are a fuckton of free seats all around. I just get soooooooooooo annoyed and frustrated! And it was totally showing in the way I was zipping my bags and massaging my forehead. But the idiot still was not getting it at all. I had to double my bitchiness before he even got the message.

PLUS PLUS, when I got home (finally!), I am greeted by a banshee who does not understand how fucking stressful my night was and proceeded to scream about how much she needed to get her presentation done, when in fact my sister is the one making the presentations and all she was doing was screaming about her presentation. How much more stressed would you fucking be if your computer-illiterate ass was the one doing this presentation?

GOD DAMMIT I AM PEESED.

Now that that's over, it's time to get on with the book challenge, which I honestly am not up to right now. But anyway, I'm already here and I might as well type something.

Day 28 - Favorite title



Confession: I judge books both by their covers and titles. I know that a lame title like "Love" is not a hindrance for a gripping story, or a cover with horrible font, for that matter. But I feel like if you really like your work, you'll package it in the best, most interesting way possible, right? Thus my penchant for titles that sound "cool". But for some reason, this title is the one I like best:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon.


Why do I like this title? It's straight-forward, quirky, it says a lot about what happens during the novel (or the main driving force of the novel, rather), and pulls me in to find out more.

Another candidate is...

Anything titled by E.L. Konigsburg.


As a child, I wasn't used to her uber-long titles (such as Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth, William McKinley, and Me, Elizabeth), but I've come to love looking for her titles. Her shortest title (that I've read) is probably "Father's Arcane Daughter".

--

Well, that was short! My rant was a heck of a lot longer! Anyway, I only have two more days of this challenge to go. I might just schedule the posts since tomorrow and the day after will be super busy. But I will finish this challenge on time! Yay me!

Day 29 - A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 - Your favorite book of all time

No comments:

Post a Comment