Friday 10 May 2013

day 10 | something old

Congratulate me! I reached day 10 of this challenge! 

Well to be honest, I had every intent of finishing this challenge anyway, but I'm having difficulties with the Internet connection and the inspiration. So I think "congratulations" are in order! *throws confetti for herself*

Ehem. Anyway, I think I'll trying doing the illustrations for this challenge tomorrow, when there's not much to do.

This particular entry will be an exercise on time restraint, as I have only 15 minutes before I get out of work. So let's begin!


Day 10 - Favorite classic book


I am a fan of classic books. A lot of people deem them boring and would not even waste an ounce of effort reading the blurbs. I, on the other hand, adore classics. I think if something's a classic, it's bound to be good if it can stand the test of time, right? I try to read as many classics as I can. 

Because I am indecisive once again, I shall pick THREE books! Three seems to be my magic number for this challenge!

1. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.


I adore Oscar Wilde's writing, ever since we had to read The Happy Prince for my high school English class. I stumbled upon a collection of his short stories and I wanted more! So naturally, I picked up this novel and of course, fell in love with it. There's just something about Wilde's prose and narration that makes you feel like you're part of a fantasy. I remember reading this novel from cover to cover in one day, because it was that interesting! Strangely, I've yet to watch the movie adaptation of this novel, but I'm sure I'll get to it soon.

2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.


Welp, I know, typical answer. But I included it on the list because it's one of the few romances that I truly like! It's difficult for me to get into romance, but for some reason this really pulled me it. The beautiful movie was also a factor. I like relationships like Lizzie Bennet's and Mr. Darcy's because I have an equality kink and I don't like romances where they're making out like crazy every other chapter. I've yet to read another Austen novel, but eventually I'd like to read all of them!

3. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.


The inclusion of this novel in my list is a bit of a stretch, but I think it counts as a classic, don't you think? This was one of my first "serious" novels as a child, wherein the language wasn't so simple, the plot was a lot longer, and it was not episodic but linear. I read this because I've been a fan of the many movie versions of the story, and I thought reading it would be fun. Then I started re-reading it forever because it was my favorite novel as a child. A lot of people in my family also like telling me that I remind them of Mary Lennox because I was such a cross child. Maybe that's why I liked this novel so much.

And I finished this entry in record time! Yay me! See you again on the next days to come!


----

Day 11 - A book you hated
Day 12 - A book you used to love but don’t anymore
Day 13 - Your favorite writer
Day 14 - Favorite book of your favorite writer
Day 15 - Favorite male character
Day 16 - Favorite female character
Day 17 - Favorite quote from your favorite book
Day 18 - A book that disappointed you
Day 19 - Favorite book turned into a movie
Day 20 - Favorite romance book
Day 21 - Favorite book from your childhood
Day 22 - Favorite book you own
Day 23 - A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t
Day 24 - A book that you wish more people would’ve read
Day 25 - A character who you can relate to the most
Day 26 - A book that changed your opinion about something
Day 27 - The most surprising plot twist or ending
Day 28 - Favorite title
Day 29 - A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 - Your favorite book of all time

1 comment:

  1. I remember borrowing The Picture of Dorian Gray and The Secret Garden from ze HS library. I luff them.

    Congratulations! LA.

    ReplyDelete