Thursday 16 May 2013

day 15 and 16 | guys and dolls, gather round

I thought I wasn't going to be busy today. FAT CHANCE. Now I finally have some free time, so I'll use it to type up a quick entry.

Awww man, I really want to dedicate more time to these entries! But I can never get enough typing time at home, so I have to sneak it in during lunch breaks or work breaks. Ugh. Maybe next time I'll try writing up some stuff on my phone and try to save time.

Anyway! I combined the entries for day 15 and 16 in one entry because they're related. I think it's easier to talk about my favorite characters in one go than dedicating separte entries for the males and females. 

As you might know by now, I like cheating with this entry and providing more answers than necessary, so you will expect THREE characters! 

I promise I'll keep this as short as I can.

Day 15 - Favorite male character and Day 16 - Favorite female character


Favorite Male Character

1. Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)

Percy motherfucking Jackson, how do I describe thee? I think part of Percy's charm is that we see him visibly growing up as you read all five books in the series. Percy is just fiercely loyal and very determined, qualities that always inspire me. Also, you can't get enough of that snark!

2. Charlie (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)

I loved reading Perks because reading Charlie's thoughts was a lot like looking inside my own mind. I related incredibly well with his awkwardness and his struggles being on the outside looking in. I wanted to hug him really bad while I was reading the novel! 

3. Prince Po (Graceling)

Admittedly he doesn't have the coolest of names, but what endeared me so much to Po was that he was so supportive of Katsa and whatever she chose to do with her life. He was there to push her when she was being indecisive, but knew when to agree when it comes to her choices in life. Also, I envy his Grace so much!

Favorite Female Character


1. Lisbeth Salander (The Millenium Trilogy)

LISBETH SALANDER MY HERO. Did you know I had a phase where I almost cut my hair like Rooney Mara in the Dragon Tattoo movie? Thank God that never panned out, it would have looked really horrible on me. I love Lisbeth because even though she is often described as cunning and clever, she is very, very flawed and she recognizes that. Throughout the books she overcomes those flaws and becomes a more sociable, less selfish human being. Plus, I've always wanted to be a hacked (the nice kind, might I say).


2. Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)

I've always looked up to Athena. That sounds weird, I know, but she was my goddess. I had ownership over her lol. So naturally I was drawn to Annabeth. And she just kept drawing me in! Annabeth definitely has her bratty, know-it-all moments, but underneath that tough exterior is a comrade and a leader. I love how she's a female in a position of power, but she doesn't use that power to assert her status. I can see that she really loves Camp Half-Blood and will do anything in her power to protect it.

3. Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter)

The moment Luna was introduced to us, I felt like I was going to love this character, and I was correct! I love Luna's unapologetic quirkiness and how she has no shame in being herself. Also, despite her crazy self, she's not just a token character. She proved to be a useful ally in the final battles and is incredibly loyal to the people who stuck with her. To be honest, I wanted Harry to end up with her but c'est la vie, the word of God says no.

---

Day 17 - Favorite quote from your favorite book
Day 18 - A book that disappointed you
Day 19 - Favorite book turned into a movie
Day 20 - Favorite romance book
Day 21 - Favorite book from your childhood
Day 22 - Favorite book you own
Day 23 - A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t
Day 24 - A book that you wish more people would’ve read
Day 25 - A character who you can relate to the most
Day 26 - A book that changed your opinion about something
Day 27 - The most surprising plot twist or ending
Day 28 - Favorite title
Day 29 - A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 - Your favorite book of all time

No comments:

Post a Comment