Monday 4 February 2013

A bit of random musing and a look inside my bag



I haven't posted in a while because I took a bit of time off to think about this blog and what I really want to do with it.

First things first, the name "Patchwork Owl". I picked out this name because I wanted it to contain a lot of different things (hence, "patchwork") and aside from cats, I feel like owls are my symbol. Hence, the birth of the name. But upon reflection, I feel like it sounds more like an arts and crafts shop than a random art blog. I don't really want to change the name, but I don't know how to make it sound like more of a personal blog.

Another thing I've been pondering on is the blog content. I made a lot of promises to myself while writing my kick-off post for the year, and a lot of them involved some sort of documentation in this blog. My dilemma is: how do I keep my promises to myself while keeping this blog cohesive and uncluttered?

I hope I can give answers to these questions in due time.

Meanwhile, I needed some motivation to clean out my bag while watching Natsume Yuujinchou (a series that I might write about sometime!), so I decided to do the What's in my Bag tag and show you my bag's contents.



I seriously love looking at other people's bags. Not in real life though, just in bag tags on YouTube and web journals. I feel like you learn a lot about a person by looking at what's in their bag. Also, I like looking at inspiration for bag organization.

Pictured above is the bag I carry to work. I forgot the brand, but almost all my bags are rejects from my mother. I attach my umbrella beside my bag so I don't have to rummage inside my bag when it suddenly rains.

Now let's look at the bag's contents.



Stuff on the pockets. I have a medicine box for allergy medicine, flu medicine, and band-aids. A bottle of rubbing alcohol, breath mints, and two flash drives for work.


Pens! I always bring pens with me, 'cause you never know when you need to fill out something or take down notes or scribble. I also bring a mechanical pencil with me, but I took it out today because I was drawing.
Something weird about me is that I bring along four kinds of lip balm, plus one lip gloss. The story goes: I went through a period in time where my lips chapped really badly. My usual Carmex lip balm was a bit too strong on my then-sensitive lips, so I bought the Maybelline Baby Lips Glow. However, the pink tint showed up really badly on my chapped lips, so I bought the plain cherry one. Lastly, I bought the Coke Vanilla flavored lip balm because I love love love Coke Vanilla.


This is one of my lunch boxes. I bring lunch to work everyday instead of eating out.


My wallet (currently empty, haha). I bring facial tissue and wet tissues with me all the time because I get colds in the morning. I don't actually use the datebook (because I don't go on dates, haha), but there's a handy flap in the cover and I use it to stash emergency cash.


I always bring a book with me because the commute back and forth from work is pretty long. My notebook is where I write down random musings and lists when bus boredome strikes. The cat purse contains girly things. And then we have my ID (covered for privacy!) where all my keys are attached, a brush, my perfume, and an eco-bag.

 Here's my make-up bag. I don't actually wear a lot of make-up on a regular basis. When I feel like it, I put on eyeliner and some lip tint and powder my T-zone. That's it.


Liquid eyeliner, lip tint, tooth brush and toothpaste, another tube of lip gloss, breath strips, and an eyeliner sharpener. I also bring along bobby pins but I forgot to put them in the bag.


I may be a bit obsessed with these eyeliners! I love that they come in a lot of colors, and they double as eyeshadow as well.

I didn't include my cellphone because I was charging it and my mp3 player because I forgot lol.

So that's it for my bag journey! I'm actually not the kind of person to bring around lots of stuff when going out, but when I'm off to school or work, I usually bring a lot with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment