Tuesday 13 August 2013

Save me, I am swallowed by the guilt of this.

My boss is out for the rest of the day, so I might as well take this time to write.

I realize that apologies have become regular prologues in my entry, and I am not one to break tradition (ha!). But it kind of feels like the cosmos is out to get me with this whole updating thing.

A few weeks ago, I made myself a Lift.do account to keep myself accountable for three things: (1) writing, (2) Japanese review, and (3) exercise. I figure seeing a visual output of my goals was going to make me more productive.

Boy was I ever so wrong!

First off, I was feeling off with random bouts of sickness that even I cannot understand. Nothing serious, but enough to incapacitate me and leave me lazy. Second, the city where I work has passed a most moronic bus ban that has left me frustrated and confused for a week. Lastly, I gravely underestimated the workload I had for July and August.

Thus, upon getting home, being productive becomes the last thing on my mind. I spend my evenings playing Candy Crush or Theaterythm, or reading random articles. I'm not even advancing on my book goal!

I guess this is a special sort of Murphy's Law constructed for I and I alone. It postulates: "The feeling of productivity brings about factors out of your control that will render you useless and unmotivated." It's like how I know I'm about to get my period because I suddenly get the urge to exercise, only to cancel all plans while writhing on the floor with cramps.

So what's the point of this whole entry? Well, I just wanted to remind myself that I have a blog that I promised I'd commit to once upon a time. The entries will take a while, but at least I'm beginning to kick myself in the arse instead of constantly forgiving myself. I might write a bit about a concert experience (so I can finally come to terms with the fact that it's done), but more importantly I'm back and I hope I stay.

Now I hope this stupid allergy stuffs itself and lets me write in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment